IoT Workshop on “Programming with Arduino Batch-2”
The First workshop of IoT on Programming with Arduino batch-2 was conducted by IoT club Under CFSI. The venue, date, time are as follows,
- Venue: PG Research Lab, LC Block, NMAMIT
- Date: 22/09/2018, Saturday
- Time: 2:00PM to 4:30PM
Astronomy and Star Gazing Camp by Aero Club
One of the most Exciting and the only off-campus event in the college is the Astronomy and Stargazing Camp. The Event which was held in Moodubidri mainly focused on providing knowledge regarding stars, constellations and other heavenly bodies. Nearly 100 Star Gazers participated in the event on both days.
Programming with Arduino
The First workshop of IoT on Programming with Arduino was conducted by IoT club Under CFSI. The venue, date, time are as follows,
Venue: PG Research Lab, LC Block, NMAMIT
Date: 01/09/2018, Saturday
Time: 2:00PM to 4:30PM
The workshop has successfully covered the following topics,
Brief Introduction of Arduino Microcontroller boards
Basic Keywords and Variable declarations
LED Blink Program
LED Fade Program
Proximity Sensor Program
Ultrasonic Sensor Program
Small Talk on Mini Projects
The Resource Person of the workshop is Rajath Ramesh Bhat, 5th semester ECE dept. Designated as the President of IoT club under CFSI.
ARDUINO WORKSHOP by Robotics Club
(September 15-16, 2018)
The 2-day workshop was attended by 80 students from different branches and academic years.
Students were divided into groups of 5 or 6 and made to sit in groups.
The workshop began with an introduction to Arduino by Adithya M.D, who briefed the students on the basics of Arduino, its components and its working. The students were taught the basic interfacing of Arduino with led along with other basic program execution.
College principal Dr. Niranjan N. Chiplunkar along with vice principal Dr. I. Ramesh Mithanthaya gave their visit to the workshop. Mr. Shashank Shetty, CSFI head welcomed them and asked the principal to address students. Principal talked about the importance of the workshops, what industry wants from us. Also spoke about the problems club currently facing and promised to provide a permanent place to the club where we can work beyond college hours. vice principal appreciated the club members for organizing the workshop for all department students and asked to conduct many more for the coming academic year.
Introduction to IoT
The first session of IoT Club, Introduction to IoT, was held on the 4th of August, 2018 at Sowparnika Auditorium. The session started at 2:00PM and went on till 3:15PM.
- The session started with a formal function with the presence of Mr. Shashank Shetty, Asst. Professor of Dept. of CSE, CFSI staff co-ordinator, NAIN regional co-ordinator and Mr. Dileep Kumar M J, Asst. Professor of Dept. of ECE, IoT Club staff co-ordinator on stage, along with the Club president Mr, Rajath Ramesh Bhat of 3rd year ECE. Ms. Kritika Shetty of 3rd year CSE was the master of ceremony of this function. Mr. Shashank Shetty talked about CFSI, NAIN and IoT club. The formal function lasted 15 minutes.
- The session began with the first part of the presentation with Mr. Rajath Ramesh Bhat as the first resource person. He talked about Introduction to IoT and its History, Application and Importance of IoT, Introduction to CFSI and the Club’s Vision and Mission.
- The second part of the presentation was taken up by the second resource person Mr. Shravan R Pai of 3rd year ECE. He talked about Technologies used in IoT Club, Talk on Microcontrollers and Microprocessors, Project Management.
Page 2 of 3